Mobile online casinos have been the hit of the season for a few years now, and it doesn’t look like they'll get less popular anytime soon. Many new online casinos are mobile-only, which means that their websites are specifically oriented to mobile players. Even some of the best casinos have declared that their aim is to be mobile-first. It all leads us to a simple conclusion: mobile gaming offers a lot of opportunities nowadays. By playing via your portable device, you can get more goodies, play at brand new casinos, get tastier bonuses, etc. Isn’t that tempting?
Do you remember the concept of an online casino and its most significant advantage? It was about you not having to travel to Vegas, Monte-Carlo, Macao, or wherever you used to gamble, and playing in the comfort of your home. It’s really great to be able to play your favorite online slots at home, but what do you think about playing them literally anywhere? Isn’t it even better to be able to play on the go, where the only limitation is your Internet connection? Isn’t it great luck that most of the mobile-first casinos operate within the UK and hold the UK Gambling Commission license? We believe that it is, and you can take advantage of all these lucky circumstances, and play at the best mobile casinos for the UK. You may start with Trada Casino, VideoSlots Casino, and Casumo Casino.
How to play at an online mobile casino?
We won’t explain to you how to press buttons here, of course. It would be too much even for HolyMoly. Yet, if you want to play at an online casino and you’ve never tried it before - you have to keep a few things in mind:
- Some mobile online casinos work in an instant-play mode, and some allow you to download an application. You may want to download it when you’re home in order to use wifi for it rather than your mobile traffic.
- You might want to check that the casino software is compatible with the OS of your portable device. If the casino doesn’t provide this information on its front page - you may contact their support service to find out. All best mobile casinos work on iPhone and Android, but you might become unlucky and hit the one that doesn’t accept Blackberry or Windows phone.
- A stable Internet connection is your key to the great gaming experience. This is very important to find out what a casino does in case of the connection break, or any other failure on player’s side. It might keep all the results, both winning and losing, no matter what’s going on with the player’s device. It might also void and return to the player’s balance all bets that were in play when the error occurred. Some casinos state that they will consider such bets lost, but this is a clearly a predatory clause, and we don’t recommend you to play at such casinos.
- You should know that if you’re going to play live dealer games, you’ll need a much faster Internet connection than for playing slots. That’s because of the real-time streaming, so if your Internet is not that great - it might be better to refrain from playing live games.
Now, when you know what to expect and how to prepare, let’s find out about the safety of the UK online mobile casinos.
Is it safe to play at online mobile casinos?
Mobile online casinos are as safe as the desktop ones. This also means that if a casino wasn’t safe when you played at its desktop version, it wouldn’t become any safer if you access it from your smartphone. All the safety criteria are the same for online mobile casinos:
- The site has to be encrypted to protect the players’ personal details and information about their transactions.
- Casino software has to be regularly audited for fairness and randomness by independent testing agencies, such as eCOGRA. It’s the best one of them, so if you see their badge - you may consider that casino fair.
- A casino has to obtain a decent gaming license so that in case of any issues you could appeal to the casino’s regulatory body.
These three factors are mandatory to check before you deposit at any mobile online casino. We’re mentioning such things in our reviews, so if you decide to read them - you’ll find many useful things.
Mobile online casinos are the future!
Mobile casinos are developing extremely fast and becoming more and more popular every day. Some people suggest that soon portable devices will completely replace home computers in all areas of use. This leads us to the conclusion that there will be only more mobile online casinos. If you don’t see a reason to replace something that’s working just fine (like desktop online casinos) - here are some advantages of online mobile casinos:
- First mobile casinos were created more than a decade ago, but the overall drift to online mobile casinos prevailing over desktop ones appeared just a few years ago. And now every casino group tries to make its casinos more mobile-oriented and opens new mobile-first casinos, and you may be the one who takes advantage of all these opening promotions!
- You can play literally everywhere. You don’t need to travel anywhere, and you’re not bound to the chair near your computer. Just access the casino via your smartphone, and start playing!
- You don’t depend on electricity, and even if it turns down for some reason - your game won’t be interrupted.
For all these significant advantages, there’s only one drawback. It’s that some of the old games aren’t compatible with modern mobile devices. If you’re a fan of rare classic slots - it might be that your favorite slot wasn’t adapted for mobile. Except for that - mobile online casinos are awesome, and you’ll have a lot of fun playing there.
Payment Methods Available at Online Mobile Casinos for UK Players
When it comes to payments, you have a lot of options while playing at online mobile casinos for the UK. All modern payment systems have their own application for smartphones, and thus you can deposit or withdraw on the go, via your phone. The same goes for Visa and MasterCard.
There’s one more payment option that everyone misses: it’s the pay by phone service. It’s really convenient for those who suddenly found themselves with zero coins on their casino account while not at home, or without a bank card. You can just deposit via phone, and the money will be deducted from your phone balance. The convenience of this method is that it’s instant, but there’s a huge drawback too: you cannot withdraw with its help. It’s pretty logical: why would you want to have your winnings paid to your phone bill anyway?
Which advantages do we value in mobile casinos?
There are many things we value in online casinos. Some of them are applicable to both desktop casinos and mobile ones, and some are only for the mobile venues. If you want to know how we rate online mobile casinos - here’s what we look for:
- An online mobile casino should have a reputable license. For UK residents it has to be the UK Gambling Commission license. A regulatory body is not just an institution to which casino owners pay their annual fees. It’s also responsible for the casino’s standards, its fairness, and its ways of dealing with customers.
- A decent game library is what we always welcome. Not all games are allowed in the UK, and a mobile game library is always somewhat smaller than the desktop one, so you should consider that while picking a place to play at.
- A lot of banking options. The more payment options a casino has - the better it is. Believe us, you don’t want to find out that the only withdrawal option is a bank cheque after you’ve made a deposit. We believe that all common options, like debit and credit cards, Neteller, Skrill, PayPal, and Bank Transfer are required.
- Responsive customer support service is a huge pro. If you can communicate with support operators via live chat, phone, and email 24/7, and if the operators know the right answers to our questions - we give them the maximum rating.
- The UX is also important. If a casino offers you a state-of-art mobile site, a convenient lobby with an intuitive interface, and a convenient app - there’s nothing more to ask for.
How to Find the Best Online Mobile Casino for UK Players?
We can help you with that! Our site has more than 1,700 casino reviews, and more than 800 of those casinos accept mobile players from the UK. It means that they’re licensed by the UK Gambling Commission. As for the quality of their services… Well, it depends. Not all of the online mobile casinos are good, and that’s what you need our website for! We’ve checked all those casinos and thoroughly inspected their terms, services, game libraries, support services, banking options, etc. Our rating system is constantly improving, and at this point, we can, with impressive accuracy, state how good each particular casino is.
If you want to find a decent mobile online casino for the UK to play at - just use our list of all the best mobile casinos. The most exciting ones will be near the top, and the bad ones - closer to the bottom.
There are lots of frequently asked questions, but none of them deserves a separate section of its own, so we’ve decided to put them all here.
Do mobile online casinos work on all portable devices?
Frankly speaking, you might find an exotic device on which you wouldn’t be able to access a mobile online casino, but it’s extremely hard to do. In most cases, your smartphone or a tablet device is fully compatible with any casino out there.
How do I make a deposit to a mobile casino in the UK?
All the common UK deposit methods that work with desktop casinos work with mobile casinos as well. And besides, the best mobile casinos ARE desktop casinos too. All your favorite payments methods will work in a mobile casino. Not just any casino though, but if you’ve deposited via, PayPal in a desktop version of a casino - you’ll be able to do so in a mobile version too.
Do I need a separate account to play in a mobile version of a casino?
No, you don’t. If you already have an account with a casino - you can just access it from your mobile device, enter the details, and start playing. It also works vice versa: if you’ve registered at a casino via your smartphone - you can use that account to play via your desktop computer.
Can I get bonuses on mobile for the UK?
Yes, you can. All bonuses available for desktop players are available for mobile players too. In some cases, there are special bonuses for mobile players. No-deposit bonuses are included.
Are my details secure while I play at a mobile online casino?
While you’re playing at a mobile casino, your details are as secure as while you play at a desktop. To figure out if a casino is safe - just check out the information they offer about their certificates and audits. You cannot just be content with a casino claiming that it’s certified - make sure that they provide links to the actual certificates and revision reports. If you can click that link and see a report with a recent date - your details will be safe at this casino.
Is it better to play with a downloadable application or via the mobile casino site?
While we advise picking an instant-play casino for a decent desktop gaming experience, with mobile online casinos, it’s all a bit different. When you’re playing at a mobile casino, it’s inconvenient to access the casino website every time you want to play, and it’s way easier to launch an app and enjoy your favorite games. Downloadable casino software was once better in terms of design and usability, but today’s casino technology allows you to play in an instant mode without sacrificing UX for it.