Malta Gaming Authority is the leading entity in charge of issuing gambling licenses in Malta. The main advantage of this body is that it is in the European Union, which means that obtaining a certificate from them guarantees that you comply with EU regulations. HolyMoly Casinos gives you a quick but comprehensive guide on everything you should know about the MGA!
Top Rated MGA Casinos 2020
Type of Licenses
You can get four types of licenses from the Malta Gambling Commission:
- Remote gaming – that is the certificate that online casinos want to pursue.
- Remote betting – suitable for sports and other types of betting.
- Advertise playing – poker rooms or any other gambling operators who want to advertise gaming need this license of the Malta LGA.
- Hosting and managing remote operations – developers and anyone else that plans to do business in the B2B sphere needs this certificate.
You can find out everything related to application requirements online. The website of the entity is rich with different types of information. You can find everything you need to know in the FAQ or other sections of the site. You can also use eServices to send your applications and communicate with the governing body.
Have you ever wondered why this body is so popular and reputable in the entertainment industry? The reason is that this country was the first one in the EU to regulate gambling operations. Thanks to that, they’ve managed to develop a huge reputation. Furthermore, approximately 8% of the country’s GDP is now related to this industry.
List of Licenses
Are you wondering if your business needs an approval from the Malta Gaming Authority? Here is the list of providers that should consider obtaining a certificate to confirm compliance with EU laws:
- Online providers – if you want to enable others to play on your site, this certificate can mean a lot for your popularity.
- Developers – those that are developing software to be used by web casinos also need a license.
- Betting – whether it is racecourse or sports, you are still subject to MGA.
- Lotteries and bingos – if you plan to organize commercial games, make sure to get an approval first.
It is important to mention that the authority doesn’t deal with players’ complaints directly. That means that the body will leave the dispute for the player and MGA casinos to resolve. However, the operator is required to submit the outcome of a complaint.
Would you like to apply for a Malta license, or you have a question regarding how to obtain it? You can contact the leading authority in any way you want. That includes the following methods:
- Phone number - +356 2546 9000
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Physical address – Building SCM 02-03, Level 4, Ricasoli SCM 1001, Malta
The quickest way is to call or send an email. However, keep in mind that the staff might not respond outside of the working hours, which are Monday to Friday from 9 AM to 5 PM.
Malta Gaming Authority Casinos
You will find a wide range of Malta Gaming Authority casino sites. However, that doesn’t mean it is easy to obtain their certificate. Most of the reputable developers are doing their best to get approval because they want to do business in the EU.