What is a Bitcoin online casino?
There are no complicated definitions of a BTC casino. If there are such, they are definitely made by some weirdos who want to make things difficult to understand. In a nutshell, a BTC casino is a gaming website where Bitcoins are used for making transactions. In fact, we can distinguish two types of BTC casinos:
- Bitcoin-only casinos - sounds somewhat self-explanatory, right? These are the casinos where no standard payment methods (eWallet, credit card, bank transfer, etc.) are accepted.
- Casinos that support both cryptocurrencies and standard banking options.
In any other aspect, a BTC casino doesn’t differ a lot from a traditional gaming website. What we mean here, is that many BTC casinos host hundreds of cool games from top-notch software developers, a support service, provide new players with the Welcome Bonus and other promos, and offer a mobile version of their website. Yep, you can play at these casinos even when you are on the go. Who would have thought you can play for Bitcoins while walking in a park, sitting in a bus, or while stuck in a queue? Just make sure your mobile device is working under a compatible operating system (iOS, Android, Windows Phone, Blackberry, etc.) and have a stable connection to the Internet.
Advantages of playing at a BTC casino
Though there are still some arguments against Bitcoins, it has become a great substitute for a traditional currency. Even the fact that Bitcoin is not stable could stop it from getting into many industries, and of course, the gambling industry is not an exception. When comparing traditional banking options with Bitcoin deposits or withdrawals, the latter are definitely pulling into the lead. The advantages of a Bitcoin casino can be seen with the naked eye and here are a few of them:
- Confidentiality - at most BTC gambling sites, you don’t have to enter your personal details when creating an account. You can choose your nickname, create a password, and you’re good to go! Nobody will ask you to verify your account when withdrawing your winnings.
- Secure transactions - all BTC transactions are completely secure, so that no hackers or any other sneaky bastards have the chance to steal your winnings. The point is, it’s you who decides which security measures should be used to protect your BTC eWallet.
- Instant transactions - all the BTC withdrawals are processed instantly, as you don’t have to pass any verification procedures, and there are no third-parties involved in a transaction process. In rare cases, you will have to wait up to several hours before your winnings arrive at your BTC account.
- No fees - when dealing with Bitcoins, the casino doesn’t charge any fees, regardless of the amount you wanna withdraw. Even if you manage to hit a huge sum, you won’t be charged any fees.
- No need to exchange currency - some casinos support only one particular currency, forcing many players to exchange their domestic currency for the one the casino uses. When it comes to BTC gambling, you won’t have to make any exchanges.
How to deposit and withdraw using Bitcoin?
As a rule, traditional online casinos require your credit card or eWallet details before you start playing for real money. That’s why many potential gamers refuse to start playing, as they just don’t want to divulge their personal information, even if the casino is reliable. As we said before, Bitcoin casinos do not require any financial details, as they do not offer such deposit methods as credit cards, bank transfers, etc.
All you have to do is to buy Bitcoins, make a deposit using them, and enjoy the gaming process. Don’t know how to buy Bitcoins? No worries, we are here to help you, as always. You can do it in two ways: you can buy Bitcoins from the special BTC exchange companies, or you may ask your friends to send Bitcoins to your eWallet. In both cases, you will have to create your BTC eWallet and pay for the Bitcoins using real money. There are many online and downloadable platforms where you can create your BTC eWallets - that’s not a problem these days.
Making a withdrawal is an easier task. You simply choose the BTC eWallet, which was used when depositing, select the amount you want to cash out, and that’s it. In any case, be sure to check the T&Cs, as there can be some limits imposed on deposits or withdrawals.
Are BTC casinos safe and secure?
All the BTC transactions are safe and secure, but speaking of BTC casinos, nobody can be sure that they are completely secure. How can it be? All online casinos, including BTC gaming sites, should have a license issued by a regulatory body. However, some BTC casinos offer their services even without holding any license. It doesn’t mean that all of these casinos are unfair, but you won’t be able to check whether they are legit and reliable.
The thing is, Bitcoin itself is not regulated under any of the jurisdictions yet. So, how can you check if a BTC casino is fair and safe? First of all, pay attention to its licensing. Second, check if it’s provably fair. A reliable casino should have a separate “Provably Fair” page where it tells how their RNG works. Third, don’t forget to read the players feedback and reviews written by reputable watchdog portals. If there are many negative reviews, or there’s nothing said about a casino, then it is likely to be rogue.
All in all, BTC casinos keep popping up on the gaming arena and many gamblers are interested in this type of casinos. Now that you know how to find the best BTC casinos, why not look one up and start playing? May the best of luck be with you!